The Reading Habits Tag: Blogmas Day 13

I'm a major bookworm, so much so that I'm pursuing a career where I get to read for a living. I saw this tag on a few blogs and, seeing as how it is just my sort of thing, decided to do it, too.

1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
I usually sit in bed to read. I like to be cuddled under warm blankets, and I have this great pillow that is super soft and supports my back while I read. 

2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
I use a bookmark.

3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a certain chapter or number of pages?
While I prefer to stop at the end of a chapter, I can just stop if I have to, like if I need to leave for class or I'm falling asleep while reading.

4. Do you eat or drink while reading?
Yes, I usually read while I eat breakfast. I also often eat snacks while I'm reading in the evening.

5. Do you watch TV or listen to music while reading?
No, I can't concentrate.

6. One book at a time or several at once?
One at a time.

7. Reading at home or everywhere?
I read everywhere; I always have a book with me.

8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?
If the book I'm reading is in English, I read silently in my head. If it's in French, it helps me to read it out loud.

9. Do you ever read ahead or skip pages?
I try really hard not to, but sometimes I just can't help myself.

10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
I try to keep my books looking like new. I get extremely upset if I accidentally break the spine or bend a page.

11. Do you write in your books?
If I have to buy a book and read it for school, I'll take notes in it. Otherwise I never write in my books.

12. What are you currently reading?
I am currently about halfway through The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith (a pseudonym for J.K. Rowling), and it's really good!

I'm tagging the lovely Kenzie to do this tag.

Let me know if you decide to do this tag as well; I would love to read it!
Are any of your habits the same or different than mine?
xx
Heidi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rainy Days

52 Weeks In The Word by Trillia J Newbell | Review

Know Own Change by Joshua Clemons & Hazen Stevens | Review