25 Bookish Facts About Me!

Hello everyone, today I am doing the 25 Bookish Facts About Me tag! I wasn't tagged by anyone to do this but I've seen a ton of these videos by BookTubers and I thought it would be a lot of fun to do, and it's a great way for you all to get to know a little more about me. Here we go!

  1. I am going to university to become a publisher so I can read books for a living. It's my dream to discover a book or series that becomes hugely popular.
  2. Sometimes I can read really well with background noise, and sometimes I can't. There's really no rhyme or reason to it.
  3. I generally read a page per minute and I get really frustrated if I'm not reading that fast. I don't like reading books that have a lot of tiny text on a small page since I feel like I'm not reading fast enough and I can get discouraged.
  4. My Goodreads goal for 2016 is 100 books, which I'm a little nervous about but I think it might actually work out. So far, I've read 36 books.
  5. I've always been a really strong reading and could read kid's chapter books when I was in kindergarten.
  6. Matilda has always been one of my favorite stories. I loved it when I was a kid because I thought that I was a lot like Matilda since we both loved to read.
  7. I can't listen to music with lyrics when I read because I get too distracted by the words of the song and stop paying attention to the words on the page.
  8. I don't keep books that I didn't like or just thought were okay.
  9. My bookshelves are all sorted alphabetically by author's last name.
  10. I cannot stand romance novels. A little bit or romance as a sub-plot is okay but I hate romance as the main plot.
  11. My mom is a huge part of why I read. My mom, sister, and I used to sit together and read a book together out loud all the time when I was younger, and I have such great memories of those times together. Even now, my mom and I read the same books pretty often since we have similar tastes and we like to talk about them together after we read them.
  12. I bring a book with me everywhere I go, even if I know I won't be able to read. If I leave home without a book, I get really crabby and anxious, and all I can think about is when I'll get home and be able to have my book.
  13. While I do love Will in The Infernal Devices, I ship Jessa.
  14. I've shipped Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley since I saw the little scene in the train station in the first movie when it first came out.
  15. Some of my favorite authors are Sophie Kinsella, Jodi Picoult, and Ellen Hopkins.
  16. I get really excited when a book I'm reading takes place somewhere that I've been.
  17. Harry Potter is my favorite series of all time.
  18. I'm currently trying to read through the Bible in a year, but I'm really behind and it's not going to happen, so hopefully I'll be done by the end of 2016 instead.
  19. Whenever I get a new book, I spend quite a lot of time petting the cover and hugging it to my chest.
  20. I usually don't buy books brand new from a bookstore if I haven't read it yet, since I hate paying full price for a book I end up not loving.
  21. I've recently discovered the joys of online book shopping, especially from Book Outlet and Book Depository. It's a bit of a problem.
  22. If I borrow a book from someone, I try to read it as quickly as I can and then give it back right away.
  23. I decided to reread A Series of Unfortunate Events when I heard that Neil Patrick Harris had been cast as Count Olaf.
  24. When I first met my kindergarten teacher, I told her that I was only coming to school to learn to read better and I wasn't going to do anything else.
  25. I have the same birthday as Neville Longbottom from Harry Potter (July 30).

So there are 25 bookish facts! Do we have anything in common?

I'm not tagging anybody in particular, but if you do this comment with the link and I'll check it out!
xx
Heidi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rainy Days

52 Weeks In The Word by Trillia J Newbell | Review

Know Own Change by Joshua Clemons & Hazen Stevens | Review