"Gabriel and the Swallows" Review + Release!

Hello again everyone!


Today I want to share with you an AMAZING book that comes out today- Gabriel and the Swallows by Esther Dalseno! I binge read this book the past two days and I absolutely loved it.

The blurb online says "A lonely farm boy. A girl with swallow's wings. An ancient city buried in a volcano. A mystery old as blood and bone." Just seeing this, I really had no idea what I was getting into or what the book was going to be about.

The book takes place between the 1950s and 1980s in Italy and follows Gabriel, who is about ten years old at the beginning of the book. Gabriel is a poor farm boy who doesn't have friends at school and is bullied. One day, Gabriel finds an injured bird and brings it home. It is then discovered that it is actually a little girl with a swallow's wings, and not a bird at all. They call her "Volatile", and she quickly becomes an important part of their family. There is all sorts of danger and mystery that follows.

As well as being an interesting fantasy story, the book dealt with growing up and how your life changes as you get older. I really loved how those aspects were dealt with. 

I gave this book 4.5/5 stars, I loved it so much!!! It was not at all what I was expecting from this book, and it was constantly surprising me. I wasn't able to predict any of the turns the plot took, which I was definitely very happy about. I 100% recommend picking up this book, which is now available today! I read this as an ebook, and I really think I need a physical copy for my shelf now. You can find the info for this book or buy it here.

Also, once you read this wonderful book, keep in mind that the next book entitled Orlando and the Spirits will come out in 2017. I already can't wait to read it.

Have you read or ordered Gabriel and the Swallows?
Let me know if you pick up a copy, and tell me what you think!
xx
Heidi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

52 Weeks In The Word by Trillia J Newbell | Review

Rainy Days

Know Own Change by Joshua Clemons & Hazen Stevens | Review