Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi Review!

Hey guys! I'm back again already with yet another book review! 


Today I'm reviewing Furthermore, a new middle grade novel by Tahereh Mafi, author of the Shatter Me series. The book is being released on September 1, 2016.

This book follows Alice, who has just turned 12. Alice lives in Ferenwood, a village where magic comes from color. However, Alice is devoid of pigment in her skin and hair, so she has no color. She teams up with a boy called Oliver to travel to the strange land of Furthermore, where Oliver says her dad is, who disappeared years ago. Alice and Oliver must navigate the strange, Wonderland-like Furthermore in order to save her father.

I devoured this book; I just could not put it down. The story was just so fun and creative, and I was fully immersed in the world. The story wasn't predictable, and I found myself surprised many times.

The writing style, too, was so fun and made reading so enjoyable. The narrator is speaking to the reader, and there are many asides and commentary that I just loved. Honestly, the writing and organization was just as magical as the story itself. Even though it's a middle grade novel, the language does not get in the way of the story of make things feel dumbed down. 

Reading this book made me feel like a kid again, and I wish I could have read it when I was younger. This is the best book that I have read so far in 2016, and I gave it 5/5 stars. I'll definitely be recommending this book to everyone, of all ages, when it comes out.

Do any of you plan to read this?
Have you read it?
Share your thoughts!

xx
Heidi








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

52 Weeks In The Word by Trillia J Newbell | Review

Rainy Days

Know Own Change by Joshua Clemons & Hazen Stevens | Review