France 2012

In the summer of 2012, I went on a trip through my school to France. The trip lasted about 10 days, which definitely wasn't enough time to see and do everything. It was still an amazing experience, and I had the time of my life. My little dabble in the country was enough to make me realize that I really want to continue learning French and hopefully studying (and maybe even living) there someday.

The first stop was in Paris. We stayed near Bonne Nouvelle in the 2nd arrondissement. We did all of the things you'd expect in Paris, like seeing the Eiffel Tower, the Arc de Triomphe, the Louvre, Notre Dame, and Versailles, among other things. Even though seeing all of the history there was amazing, one of my favorite parts was just walking around the city at night.






The next stop was Geneva, Switzerland. We were only there for a few hours to do some shopping. 

After Geneva, we went back to France to a small town in the Alps called Chamonix. It was so beautiful, I can hardly describe it. Our hotel room had a balcony facing toward the mountains. 


Oddly enough, after we left Chamonix, the fastest way to our next destination was to cut through Italy. Though I didn't see much but the landscape through the bus window, the view was so beautiful, and I really want to go back to Italy and see more of it. Also, at one point, we stopped at a truck stop in Italy for lunch. The pizza I had there was the best meal I had the entire trip! Also, when I asked for a slice a pizza, they literally gave me 1/4 of the whole pizza!



Our final stop was Nice, France. Nice is right on the coast of the Mediterranean Sea. You can see Monaco from there. This was the warmest and my favorite part of the trip. After a trip to Fragonard to make our own perfumes, we didn't do much in Nice other than relaxing at the beach and swimming in the sea.

*FUN FACT* Louis Tomlinson and I were both in Nice on the same day! Though I never saw him, it's still fun to be able to say that I was in the same city on vacation as a member of One Direction for 24 hours!




I absolutely LOVED France, and I am planning on going back in the next couple of years, either on vacation or to study there. I had such an amazing time there. It was definitely an experience that I will never forget. 

Au revoir!
Heidi
xx





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

52 Weeks In The Word by Trillia J Newbell | Review

Rainy Days

Know Own Change by Joshua Clemons & Hazen Stevens | Review